- Perfusion Trainee – Clinical Perfusionist Grade 1
- Full-time – 80 hours per fortnight, including an ADO
- Fixed-Term until January 2024
- Classification code – Grade 1 (AZ1-AZ7)
- Staff benefits
The Department of Perfusion at the Alfred provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art Perfusion Service in the treatment of cardiac and respiratory diseases, working in close collaboration with the relevant services within the Directorate of Alfred Heart & Lung (Department of Cardiothoracic & Transplantation, Department of Cardiology and Department of Respiratory Medicine) as well as with the Intensive Care and Emergency Departments.
A Clinical Perfusionist is a qualified person who is a trained and experienced in the Physiology, Pharmacology, Technology and operation of extracorporeal perfusion equipment in any medical situation where it is necessary to support or temporarily replace a patients’ cardiopulmonary or circulatory function.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
Eligibility for membership of Australian College of Cardiovascular Perfusion requires a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Applied Science, or recognised equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team in an often-challenging environment, exhibiting initiative, strength of character and facilitative qualities.
- Applicants must be prepared for further study leading to a Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Perfusion
- This is a three-year position spent at the Alfred Hospital and any other campuses as directed.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Mark Mennen, Director of Perfusion on 03) 9076 6524
For further information please click here.
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button through this link.