In order to gain practicing certification, the candidate must be deemed suitable to work in an unsupervised manner by their training hospital. Students are then required to present to the Australian and New Zealand Board of Perfusion (ANZBP) to sit the Board entrance exams. Pre-requisite entry for this examination requires:
- Completion of the MUSC Course.
- Presentation of a log book detailing the completion of 200 cases.
- Hospital / Supervisor sign off.
It is a requirement that all students currently undergoing a traineeship within a hospital and who intend on presenting to the Board examinations register their student status with the ANZBP.
Please visit the Trainee Portal here.
Forinfomration on initial certification, please see the ANZCP Certification Policy here.
Board Certification Examination
To be eligible for certification exams one must have completed their ANZBP traineeship or have been approved via the Overseas Trained Perfusionist Policy.
The examinations are generally held twice per year. Please email the Board for further information at email@example.com.
The Exam format is:
- Part 1 – 10 short answer questions (3 hours)
- Part 2 – 120 multiple choice questions (2 hours)
- Part 3 – Oral exam (50 minutes)
N.B The candidate must pass all three parts.
On successful completion of the final exam, the candidate will be awarded the CCP and will be eligible for ANZCP Fellowship.
All CCP’s (ANZ) are required to have read and abide by the ANZCP Code of Ethical Standards and Professional Conduct; and the ANZCP Mandatory Declarations Policy.
These documents are available here on the College Documents page.
- If a candidate fails one or more parts of the exam they may sit those parts at a time suitable to the ANZBP and the candidate
- The full exam fee will be due for any part or parts of the exams being undertaken.
- Candidates must have paid the exam fees prior to the sitting date.
- Candidates will be sent sample questions for all sections of the final exams by the Course Coordinator.
ANZCP Final Certification Examination fee is currently $1,000.00 AUD.
This fee will also apply to candidates who are resitting one or all parts of the exam.
It is expected that exam fees will be paid prior to the final examination sitting date. If payment is not made prior to the exams results will be withheld until payment is made.