The Australian and New Zealand Board of Perfusion was established under the Rules of the Australasian Society of Cardio-Vascular Perfusionists Incorporated, now ANZCP. The Board therefore forms part of the incorporated association and has no separate legal existence outside the College.
The Board is required to establish and support the credentialing process. The grant of power is widely framed and the Board enjoys a high level of independence from the College Executive Committee subject only to the qualification of “responsibility” within the parameters of the Rules. It is incumbent upon the Board to formulate, develop policies, procedures and guidelines in order to carry out its function, but to do so in concert with the ANZCP members and the Executive. Its role is:
- To establish and maintain a credentialing process (examination) on the basis of which the certification qualification is awarded to appropriate applicants;
- To establish and maintain a register of Perfusionists who have been awarded the Australasian qualification;
- To establish and maintain a register of Perfusionists who are currently certified
- To support and maintain education in perfusion in Australasia; and
- To establish a Code of Ethics and a Code of Practice for Clinical Perfusion in Australasia