Foreign Tertiary or University Qualifications

To gain entry into our SCiCP Course, and gain one’s Australasian CCP,  the Foreign National must:

Have gained employment and is currently working as a Perfusionist or Perfusionist Trainee within Australia or New Zealand providing full perfusion and CPB services for a minimum of three months prior to enrolling.

Please note that the College is not an agent to link international Perfusionists with employers nor does it arrange sponsorship or visas.  

It is up to individual applicants to apply directly to a hospital or perfusion group for an advertised position. These may be advertised on our website under Employment or on an individual hospital’s website.

Alternatively, you may choose to communicate directly to a hospital or perfusion group in writing and expressing your interest.  It is up to the individual hospital and their Perfusion Management as to recruitment. The ANZCP  and the Board has no influence.

The applicant must also have an equivalent degree to an Australian or New Zealand Bachelor of Science, Applied Science, BioMedical Science, Nursing etc. with study in relevant disciplines, (ie Biology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, Biochemistry).

To find out if one’s qualifications are suitable, contact or visit the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment website who can provide assessment of overseas qualifications for a fee.

Vacancies for perfusionists (trainee or experienced) are limited, as there is low turn-over.

The course is completed whilst employed, and it is envisaged it will take between two to three years to complete.  This will lead to Certification (i.e. the post-nominal CCP (ANZ)) and Fellowship of the ANZCP.

Our site has more information on training prerequisites, the course content and recognition of overseas qualifications. To keep up to date with job vacancies and the latest ANZCP news, please subscribe to the Mailing List on the home page.